What's New With Keira

Grandma Darlene asked what was new with Keira, so I decided to write an update about her and what all she has been doing.

If she is in a good mood and we try really hard, we can make her smile (I think). She smiles a lot for no reason too! Also, she will look at toys. She likes one on the floor mat that lights up and plays music. By "likes", I mean that she will stare at it. She will also track objects if she is really focused on it and we move it around.  She pretty much likes lights in general. She will arch her back, or do whatever it takes to stare at lamps, or anything that is lit up, including the tv... which I try not to let her see since I have heard it is bad for them.

She will listen when I read a book. I think she likes the sound of my voice talking in a normal tone and the continuous speaking. She likes the swing. Sometimes it makes her fall asleep, but sometimes she just stares off to the side to see objects flying by. I guess it just depends on whether or not she is tired. She likes the floor mat if she is in a good mood, and she likes tummy time if she is happy. Tummy time will usually wear her down... all that face planting is no fun after a while. If she is really tired and we put her on her tummy, sometimes she will just put her head to the side and sleep.

She will always fall asleep in the car and the stroller... but will get fussy if it is time to eat.

At night she will usually sleep for 4 hours from around 11pm until 3am. Though, she cries when we put her down, so, we have to keep going back in her room and comforting her for about 30 minutes, sometimes longer.  She will sleep another 2 to 3.5 hours for the second half of the night. After that she usually wants to be awake for 1.5 hours, then will nap for and hour or 2. Last night was the first "bad" night.  She only slept from 12 to 2:45. Then ate, and went back to bed (after crying) at around 3:45. Woke up at 4:45 crying, and then again at 5:45... then it was time to eat.  So, I was pretty tired.  But she slept again for a couple hours from 7:30 to 9:30 and so did I!!

We have been able to get out of the house a bit. Usually we take walks to the park or downtown, or to Marshalls to shop :) (Keira loves shopping, so I have to take her.) We like going to Target and to the Mall also. She is very fun, and I really enjoy being home with my little buddy all day. But, we are always very excited when daddy comes home from work!!!

0 comments: