Count Down

Today's doctor's appointment ended up being quite surprising for us. We went in expecting the usual, uneventful meeting. And left feeling like the baby could come at any moment. Well, because that is what the doctor said!!! Crazy! I still have about 2 1/2 weeks until my due date, though I have felt like she could come early. Kyle had a weekend trip planned for river rafting with the boys, I am still working on packing my hospital bag, and have been slowly plowing away at my "to-do before baby arrives" list. BUT, now the doc says I am over 2cm and 60% effaced. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel super excited, overwhelmed and stressed all at the same time. As I write, Kyle is out installing the car seat, and I am thinking about all the things I should be doing, and will do tomorrow. Needless to say, Kyle won't be going on that rafting trip. Pray for us!!
Here is a dramatic picture of the transformation: The "skinny" one is at about 13 weeks, the "large" one is now, at almost 38 weeks.


2 comments:

Carrie Squires said...

How fun and crazy at the same time! And Jen, you don't look large- you look beautiful! We're excited for you both!

Sara said...

So excited for you guys! We'll definitely be praying. Can't wait to meet Keira.