Got Health???


Kyle and I just got done listening to an inspiring book on CD about eating healthier. We recommend it to everyone!! It is Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. He does a really good job of convicting the reader to get back to the basics with food... meaning choose "real" foods that are not processed and full of unpronouncable ingredients. We don't need to be on some special diet, count calories, worry about what to do. Just eat real foods, that your great grandparents would recognize as food. (Unless your great-grandma was like mine and had a fridge full of Twinkies:) I still think that limiting the animal fats is a good idea. Even though butter is a real food, I wouldn't go crazy on it. But, go crazy on fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, real dairy products, leaner meats etc (in moderation of course). If we cut out the "junk" that we eat SOOOO much of we could really cut back on all the health issues that use Americans deal with (Heart Disease & Diabetes being the biggest ones). It is a good 6 hour investment if you can get the CD's. Michael Pollan has another book that I have heard is good entitled: The Omnivore's Dilemma. (I am still waiting for that one to come back in at the library.)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, Kyle, & ?????,

It was great seeing you this summer. Thank you for the tip on the book. I have listened to Omnivore's Dilemma & The Botany of Desire by Pollan. I recommend both. I'm going to download In Defense of Food right now.

Thanks,

Zeno & Erin